Post-Master's Nurse Educator Certificate
Pursue your certificate online and prepare to help shape the next generation of nurses.
- Earn your certificate in as little as 8 months with our streamlined curriculum
- Gain real-world experience with 135 precepted clinical hours
- Student-centric approach to learning designed for your success
- Access to comprehensive Career Services support beyond graduation
- Competitive tuition with financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
Post-Master's Nurse Educator CertificateApply Online
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for nurses is expected to increase by 7% between 2019 and 2029, faster than average for all occupations.1 Our Nurse Educator Post-Master’s certificate helps prepare you to take on a leadership role in designing, implementing and evaluating educational programs.
The online Post Master's Nurse Educator Certificate student should be prepared to explore curriculum design, simulation techniques and evaluation of educational programs in a variety of settings, and engage in scholarship, service and leadership pursuits as a nurse educator.
1Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, https://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/registered-nurses.htm
Our post-master’s certificate programs are designed for working professionals with asynchronous online classes that let you study when and where it’s convenient for you.
Our streamlined curriculum allows you to earn your certificate in as little as 8 moths.
Get access to one-on-one support every step of your journey, from no-cost tutoring and writing center to a designated Student Success advisor.
Gain hands-on experience through 135 hours of practice experience through clinical placement practicums.
Why Do Students Choose WCU for their Post-Master’s Certificate?
- Earn your certificate in as little as 8 months
- 135 hours of precepted clinical experience
- Year-round admissions with classes starting every eight weeks
- Student-centric approach to learning
- 24-hour access to library and courses
At WCU, you are not alone. WCU offers you the support and guidance to help achieve your professional goals. Our online classes are energizing, engaging and enriched with video content, simulations, adaptive quizzing, and on-the-go resources — to help you stay connected wherever you are. WCU's online programs are simple to navigate and easy to use while we support you with clear and continuous access to your instructors, peers, student services and our 24/7 technical support.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its students beyond the last day of classes. We are committed to helping our graduates throughout their careers.
Our Career Services Department provides ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our online students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals to enhance our students’ prospects for securing employment and achieving professional success.
WCU provides career guidance and assistance but cannot guarantee employment.
Applicants for the Nursing Educator Certificate (Post-Master's) Program must:
- Have graduated from an accredited master's or doctoral program in nursing.
- Provide proof of a current unobstructed Registered Nurse (RN) license from the United States.
- Submit official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education. Applicants submitting non-U.S. or non-English transcripts should refer to the International Admissions section of the catalog.
- Have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0.
- One year of direct patient care nursing experience within the past five years is preferred.
- English proficiency for all applicants whose first language is not English will be required. Consult with Nursing and Student Affairs for any questions.
Note: Applicants with a cumulative graduate GPA of 2.7 to 2.99 may be considered for admission on probation, but must achieve a "B" (3.0) or better in the first 6 credits in the certificate program to be removed from probation. Students who do not achieve a "B" or better in the first 6 credits will be dismissed from the certificate program.
We’re here to help you succeed, from the moment you apply to beyond graduation. It all starts here.
Support After Graduation
West Coast University’s commitment to student success continues after you graduate. We’re here to support you in your search for the perfect career fit.Learn More
WCU’s nurturing environment delivers the most advanced teaching techniques to accelerate student success in their careers.Learn More