DNP - Doctor of Nursing Practice
Become a leader in healthcare. Develop the skills and knowledge you need to create a difference in nursing.
- Earn your Doctorate in as little as 24 months
- Get matched with a DNP faculty advisor for one-on-one mentorship
- All courses are 100% online with mobile-friendly, on-the-go content
- Experiential Activities guided by faculty to help meet course objectives
- Student-centric approach to learning designed for your success
- Access to comprehensive Career Services support beyond graduation
- Competitive tuition with financial aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
DNP - Doctor of Nursing PracticeApply Online
Reach the Next Step of Your Nursing Career
WCU offers a pathway for nurses to advance their careers through the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.
The DNP program at West Coast University helps graduates become leaders in healthcare teams. Students in this program are educated in evidence-based practices to improve patient outcomes, interpret research, and apply the findings to improve healthcare, helping build the skills necessary to work in a variety of nursing roles after graduation.
Graduates of this program are educated to:
- Provide effective leadership with advanced education
- Improve patient outcomes with advanced clinical skills and knowledge
- Implement innovative interventions to improve the health care system
- Apply current research to practice settings to improve the delivery of health care
- Demonstrate leadership in nursing and participate in interprofessional collaboration
- Be a change agent for health policy reform
Benefits of earning your DNP at WCU:
- Faculty advisor for DNP clinical project to assist with meeting experiential hours
- Scholarly writing resources
- Dedicated support from a designated Student Success Advisor
- Library resources
- 100% coursework delivered online with experiential hours required1
- Can be completed in as little as 24 months
- Experiential activities guided by faculty to help meet course objectives
- Financial Aid and scholarships available for those who qualify
- Institutionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission2
The Doctor of Nursing Practice program has the following learning outcomes:
- Evaluate new practice approaches based on scientific knowledge and theories from nursing.
- Adapt organizational and systems leadership for quality improvement and systems thinking.
- Demonstrate clinical scholarship and analytical methods for evidence-based practice.
- Analyze critical elements necessary to the selection, use and evaluation of health care information systems and patient care technology.
- Influence health care policy at institutional, state and/or federal levels.
- Lead interprofessional teams in the analysis of complex practice and organizational issues.
- Analyze epidemiological, biostatistical, environmental, and other appropriate scientific data related to individual, aggregate, and population health.
- Demonstrate advanced levels of clinical judgment, systems thinking, and accountability in designing, delivering, and evaluating evidence-based care to improve patient outcomes.
Support Beyond Graduation
West Coast University supports its students beyond the last day of class. We are committed to helping our DNP graduates throughout their careers.
Through our Career Service Department, we provide ongoing assistance with professional and career development through workshops and guidance for our students and graduates. We partner with industry professionals to support our students’ prospects for securing employment and obtaining professional success.
11000 experiential hours required to graduate from the DNP program. Students may transfer hours from their graduate coursework. Transferable hours will be determined by Program Director.
2West Coast University is accredited by WASC Senior College of University Commission (WSCUC), a regional accreditation body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). 1001 Marina Village Parkway, Suite 402 Alameda, CA 94501, (510) 748- 9001/ https://www.wscuc.org/
WCU Distance education programs are delivered out of the Orange County and Dallas campuses and may not be available to residents in all states.
WCU provides career guidance and assistance but cannot guarantee employment.
We’re here to help you succeed, from the moment you apply to beyond graduation. It all starts here.
Support After Graduation
West Coast University’s commitment to student success continues after you graduate. We’re here to support you in your search for the perfect career fit.Learn More
WCU’s nurturing environment delivers the most advanced teaching techniques to accelerate student success in their careers.Learn More